September 1, 2009
4 Weeks Old
4 Weeks Old
Lydia changes each and every day. This week, she has developed tears in her tear ducts. This was concerning to me at first because she had some discharge from her eyes, but after reading multiple sources, I found out that around the first month of life, babies develop tears and working ducts and some babies may have discharge from their eyes.
She is starting to hold her head a little more than before. We don't know if we are just more comfortable picking her up and holding her, or if she has better control of her movements so it is easier.
We switched bottle brands this week. Previously, we had been using the Medela Breastmilk bottles. I noticed Lydia was able to suck in the nipple of the bottle and thus was getting a lot of air in her belly and thus producing some spit up. I tried an AVENT bottle that I had in my cabinet and it worked a lot more efficiently and produced a lot less gas in her belly. Therefore, I made a trip to Target (where else would I go?) and bought six more bottles to use. I still use the Medela bottles to pump into, but then use the AVENT bottles to feed her. This process has been working well.
Lydia and I ran errands yesterday, one of which was to open her savings account. We ended up investing some of her money in a "my saver" account, which is essentially a CD that will accrue a higher interest rates.
We also went and visited the Grants again. We enjoyed some pizza and brownies while we chatted about the babies and life in general.... Oh how our evenings have changed with friends. Landon is such a cutie pie and slept most of dinner. Lydia was wide awake and ready to play. I love the picture of her staring at Landon... we are thrilled to be able to watch them both grow up. They have both changed so much already!
She is starting to hold her head a little more than before. We don't know if we are just more comfortable picking her up and holding her, or if she has better control of her movements so it is easier.
We switched bottle brands this week. Previously, we had been using the Medela Breastmilk bottles. I noticed Lydia was able to suck in the nipple of the bottle and thus was getting a lot of air in her belly and thus producing some spit up. I tried an AVENT bottle that I had in my cabinet and it worked a lot more efficiently and produced a lot less gas in her belly. Therefore, I made a trip to Target (where else would I go?) and bought six more bottles to use. I still use the Medela bottles to pump into, but then use the AVENT bottles to feed her. This process has been working well.
Lydia and I ran errands yesterday, one of which was to open her savings account. We ended up investing some of her money in a "my saver" account, which is essentially a CD that will accrue a higher interest rates.
We also went and visited the Grants again. We enjoyed some pizza and brownies while we chatted about the babies and life in general.... Oh how our evenings have changed with friends. Landon is such a cutie pie and slept most of dinner. Lydia was wide awake and ready to play. I love the picture of her staring at Landon... we are thrilled to be able to watch them both grow up. They have both changed so much already!
Daddy Grant and Daddy Ellis are proud papas. Who would have thought that our little peanuts would be born only 12 days apart!
1 comment:
love the pictures of our peanuts!
Post a Comment