Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Miller Park Zoo

I didn't realize how lagging I was in blogging until I realized the last blog I published was for Lydia's Birthday Party. I have been back to school for a week now and we are comfortably getting back into a routine. Before school started, we had one last "Mommy and Me" day of the summer with a trip to Bloomington/Normal to explore the Miller Park Zoo. The added bonus, was that daddy was working down in Bloomington and was able to meet us for lunch.

Despite Miller Park Zoo's small size, there Lydia loves it. She especially loved the petting zoo. Manned by a Jr. Zookeeper, the petting zoo is home to goats, chickens, and pigs with brushes available for guests to pet and tend to the animals. You better believe Lydia wanted to help with the animals. The poor chicken even got brushed! Lydia was particularly fond of the pig. As brave as ever, she sat near the pig, had a conversation with him, and hung around him like they were old friends.


The Miller Park Zoo is located within the boundaries of Miller Park (hence the name Miller Park Zoo, I assume). The park has a wonderful playground that supersedes anything we have in Peoria. It also has a wonderful splash pad that is open to the public. Despite it being close to Lydia's nap time, we took her to play on the splash pad before we continued on our journey home. Brett and Lydia matched that day, so I had to get a picture of daddy and his girl, before he headed back to work for the afternoon.


No comments: