I wasn't as stellar at taking pictures this weekend as I typically am, but we had a jam packed weekend full of fun! Friday Night we spent poolside and Lydia enjoyed some splashing and swimming time with Daddy as I enjoyed a few moments of "mommy-time" parked in a lounge chair. We decided to order Take Out from a local restaurant that does a broasted chicken and spaghetti special. After Lydia went to bed, my parents arrived to deliver Lydia's furniture. Yay! I spent the remainder of the night assembling the bookcase and getting eager to assemble the bed while my siblings and parents visited.
On Saturday, morning, we enjoyed a lazy morning playing in the living room, reading books, and coloring (a passion of Miss Lydia's) before going to pick up the box spring for Lydia's new big girl bed (The Ellis family is bringing the mattress when they visit next). We didn't think the weather was too hot, so against our better judgment, we went to the Peoria Air Show. In hot weather, in an open-air field is not where I would recommend being. We made the most of our free tickets and enjoyed a meal in the Caterpillar VIP tent before wandering around to the various static displays. Lydia enjoyed the PNC learning exhibit, got dressed up and got her picture taken before coloring a bear mask (the highlight of her day). Brett and Lydia toured a few of the airplanes while I manned the stroller. Things went well until Lydia had an argument with the asphalt and face-planted into the runway. She bit her lip and bonked her nose. She was a trooper and was fine a few moments later, but her nose as the battle wounds still. Since this is not a new event for us, I assume her scrapes will disappear in a few days. Her lip is almost 100% better.
We all took a "family nap" when Lydia laid down for her Saturday afternoon nap. We were revitalized and were able to spend some time at the neighborhood block party by then. They had bounce houses, water slides, the balloon guy, and music playing to accompany the hambugers, hot dogs and treats for dinner. Lydia loved the bounce house and had it to herself much of the time as older kids gravitated towards the water slides and balloon guy.
This morning, we had a storm that kept us indoors much of the time. We were able to assemble Lydia's bed frame and put the furniture into place as best as we could for the time being. My mom was a big help for all of that. We opted to keep the crib in the room and not go to the big girl bed cold turkey. We are waiting on a mattress anyways, but Lydia is super excited for her new bed. We were able to borrow bed rails from friends that will keep Lydia secure (hopefully) in her new found larger sleeping space. How is it possible that we are even going down this road in parenting. It hardly seems like she is old enough for us to possibly think this would be a good idea. I will be sure to update on her big girl bed progress as it unfolds, but she has a few more days in her crib and I will relish that.
No comments:
Post a Comment