When you are older and we experience a battle over your curfew, privilege to drive the car, or frustration over the price of your prom dress, I want you to remind me of exactly how you are right now. I know you will continue to bring me joy in those turbulent teenage years, but the joy you have brought to me as a toddler is immense.
There is a song with lyrics that say "You have taught me more in your lifetime than I have ever learned in mine." That song is an absolution. You have taught me more than just patience, love, and understanding. I appreciate the world through the experiences you find joy in. I laugh at the little things. I have a deeper empathy for others. I have learned to cry tears of happiness.
You are developing a personality that will serve you well in life. You know what you want (and who to ask to get it). You are persistent, dedicated, and motivated. You have a zest for life that is driven by your innate desire to experience the world around you in a multitude of ways. You show a balanced sense of initiative and hesitation. You make the people around you laugh and smile. You have a curiosity for written words and picture. You 'ask' questions. You engage your 'audience' and 'peers' in your play. You show empathy for others and are quick to recognize their sadness or happiness.
You are a part of a whole in our family, but have unique personality traits that distinguish you. You make my life a better one just by being in it. I am so proud to be your mommy.
I love you little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment