Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Junction City Holiday Walk

For the second year in a row, we have gone to the Junction City Holiday Walk. The Holiday Walk is an evening in which each store at the center hosts an evening to bring patrons into the stores. The most exciting component to the holiday walk is the arrival of Santa Claus to kick off the Holiday Season. I realize that the beginning of November is early to make a visit to Santa, but with the premonitions I have had of Lydia's resistance to the jolly old man, I determined that we should start the season early to give ourselves ample opportunities to capture an adequate photograph. The best part of the pictures this year was that Patricia was capturing them and we received a digital image! We arrived 15 minutes before the sessions started and were still 5th in line. By the time we left and made the way around the walk, there were easily 50 people in line waiting on their chance with Santa! Patricia commented that she did 120 photo opportunities that night in three hours! What a busy lady! I haven't uploaded the final proof yet, but it includes both Lydia and myself due to her immediate resistance to Santa Claus. I will upload that later.

Lydia's adventure at the walk also included her first ever COOKIE! Better yet, it was a Christmas sugar cookie from CYD's! Cyd's is one of my favorite lunch locations. Lydia loved the cookie.


Not the real Santa, but a good start!

No comments: