Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Communication Junction

This morning, Brett had to go to work for a few hours. Lydia and I enjoyed our morning together by attending a First Birthday Party for Communication Junction, the company owned and operated by our friend, Abbey, that teaches Baby Sign Language to infants and toddlers. Lydia enjoyed the story and song times presented by Abbey. She especially enjoyed (GASP) a COOKIE... with frosting... and a whole cookie at that... I have given Lydia limited amounts of sweets, but felt that this was an appropriate opportunity for her to enjoy a cookie. The cookies were in the shape of Hopkins, the frog character prevalent in most of the Baby Signing Time DVDS. Lydia's ability to sign has continued to blossom. Her newest signs include star and cloudy. It is amazing to me that she signs please and thank you on request. Just this morning when I got Lydia out of her crib, she was already signing bath. She usually gets a bath in the evening, but really LOVES bath time. Since she was signing it, I decided to go ahead and give her some bath time so she could play in the water. She uses more, eat, and drink on a regular basis (i.e. all time time!) when she needs/wants a snack. Her favorite sign may be "bus" as she sees a yellow school bus pass the house or in the car.



No comments: