Lydia celebrated her 9th month on Earth with her well-baby visit at the brand new pediatrician offices near our home! The offices are now equipped with automatic check-in kiosks and an interactive floor! The waiting room is sectioned off in a subtle underwater theme! Lydia loved it.
Her Well-Baby Stats:
Weight: 21.2 pounds (80%)
Height: 28 1/4 inches (75%)
Head: 18.2 (95%)
In general, Lydia is healthy and meeting all her developmental milestones. My concerns with her gross motor skills were eased and I was thrilled to hear that her social/personal skills and fine motor skills were well-above age level and her communication skills are above age-level as well. Despite my knowledge of special education and language development, I wasn't as familiar with infant language development and thus, wasn't sure what she should be capable of doing.
Lydia changes on a daily basis. When I picked her up from the sitter's today, I was told that she went from a belly/crawl position back to sitting! That was a first for her! When we got home, Lydia was amusing me with a downward dog yoga-type position in her adorable attempts to crawl.
I have not been able to spend as much time with Lydia the past two nights due to some JLP and work obligations and am thankful for BlackBerry messenger! Brett sends me photo updates and I make sure to cuddle with her before I go to bed. I can hardly wait for my day off on Friday to spend some quality time (QT) with Little Miss Lydia! Just two more weeks of school and I will be done for the summer! I have been collecting lots of information on events and things to do with Lydia. We are going to keep swim class on Mondays and have music (Kindermusik) on Tuesdays... I am excited for those prescribed activities, but look forward to simple walks to the park, days out shopping, trips to the zoo and children's museum, and more! I am getting giddy just thinking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment