Ellis: Table for Four
Monday, May 10, 2010
Race for the Cure
This past Saturday marked the 25th Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Peoria. Lydia drove us there (hehe) and we arrived ready to walk. Our plans were thwarted with cold temperatures and high winds. We tucked Lydia into her stroller so she would be nice and warm. Brett, Gary, and Denise chose to walk the 3 mile course, but the rest of us (with babies and otherwise wimps in the cold weather, including myself) chose the 1 mile course, which conveniently concluded at Maid Rite! We waited there to enjoy a hot breakfast while the Ellises continued their leg of the race. Although it was not as enjoyable due to the weather as years past, I still love the incredible feeling I have walking through the street and seeing all the men and women in Peoria bonding together over such a remarkable cause! Afterwards, we attempted to enjoy Pampered on the Prairie, but were again, discouraged by the weather and called it an early afternoon. Our early afternoon out resulted in a three hour nap with Lydia. I just love cuddling with her! During our nap, Gary and Brett did all the yardwork! It looks awesome! On a side note, despite the rain that is forecasted this week, I am pleased that Mother Nature is taking reigns to water my newly planted bushes, trees, and shrubs, so that I don't have to!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment