Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry 1st Christmas

Lydia's First Christmas

We celebrated Lydia's first Christmas with a week's worth of festivities beginning last Sunday and lasting through today. Lydia enjoyed Christmas with my family last Sunday. She met Uncle Justin who was home on leave from the Navy. Her favorite gift from Grandma and Grandpa Pierce was a butterfly rocking chair. My favorite gift was a sterling silver engraved picture frame of Lydia that matched the one I received as a newborn. My sister also gave me a bracelet with 5 pictures of Lydia inside the charms... Loved it! Lydia and Emma also received coordinating outfits. The two cousins were adorable when they modeled them!
On Tuesday, we left for Iowa due to some impending severe weather. We avoided much of the rain and snow and spent the next five days in the City of Five Seasons. Lydia's First Christmas morning was so memorable for her daddy and me. She was wide awake and ready to go. Her first gift was a "Baby's First Christmas" Teddy Bear from Aunt Brittany.

She had her morning bottle at 7am and fell asleep for a few more hours, but not before I changed her into her morning outfit and added a hat and flower bow to snap a few more pictures! She loved cuddling with her new teddy! Once it was time to open gifts, Lydia was ready to go! I think she enjoyed eating the paper more than the actual gifts, but I was excited about all the new toys and clothes she got. She received a Cabbage Patch Doll that shares her birthday (August 4th!). Oma and Opa also bought Lydia a new wagon for the spring/summer as well as the Laugh n' Learn Farm. Lydia also received some adorable outfits, books, toys, and of course, BOWS!


Of course, we had multiple wardrobe changes throughout the celebrations. Lydia had so many cute outfits that were given to her to wear around Christmas and I wanted to make sure she had the chance to wear them all. All in all, I think Lydia had a wonderful and memorable First Christmas. We loved being able to visit with both sides of our families and making new memories with our baby girl! I am already looking forward to future Christmases with Lydia.

No comments: