Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Monday, December 28, 2009

Baby Food Adventures

I plan on making Lydia's baby food as we move towards that new adventure. As of now, she is only eating a little bit of rice cereal each day, but in the middle of January, I plan on introducing some vegetables and fruits to her diet. I knew I wanted to make her baby food, but wasn't sure how to go about that, so I purchased this book.

I have read the first chapter to prepare myself for my new undertaking. I recently saw "Julie and Julie" and plan on blogging about my attempts at making each recipe in her Baby Food book. To begin, I need to first find some covered ice cube trays that I will use to freeze her baby food. I also plan on buying a few more single serving rubbermaid (or similar) storage containers for her fresh baby food. I liked how the book gave me a direction for introducing food and broke out foods that cause gas and which foods are easy to introduce first. I also love this book because it offers recipes to use when Lydia is a toddler to keep her eating healthy. I am so excited to begin this new stage with Lydia! Keep posted to see how the whole process goes!

2 comments:

C and A said...

We ended up just buying regular ice cube trays and then covering them with saran wrap after I filled them. Then, when they were frozen, I would put them all together in a labeled quart freezer ziplock and thaw in 1-2 cube servings as needed. I LOVED making Campbell's food. Please e-mail with any questions you have as they come up - she had many, many different foods pureed, but switched to finger foods really early and hasn't want to go back to purees. I should send you my frozen asparagas, cauliflower, etc, etc, etc :-)

Angie Grant said...

That's awesome...look forward to hearing how it goes! Maybe someday I'll try it myself..we'll see about that!