Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sleep!

August 23, 3009

It is a good thing that God made babies irresistibly cute because late night/early morning wake up calls from them would be a lot more difficult if he didn't. Lydia had been a decent sleep since we got home from the NICU, but the last two nights she has shifted her routine and is now getting up every 1-2 hours! Most of the time she will take an ounce or so from her bottle and then doze back to sleep. By the time I finally fall back asleep, she decides it is time to get back up again! Last night, when she woke up, she ate and then was wide awake for 3 hours. She was happy and alert and was in no way going back to slumberland. I think that explains why I didn't get out of bed until after 11am this morning. She is napping now, but as exhausted as I am, I can't seem to go to sleep. I think I am finally getting used to the limited sleep stints. I will say, when she does wake up, I am still in awe of my little girl and love to cuddle and rock her back to sleep.

When she is asleep, she is adorable. I snapped the next two pictures of two typical sleep positions for her. She loves her arms out of a swaddle and doesn't really care for a swaddle much at all.

This weekend, we spent some time with friends. We had dinner at the Pratt's house on Friday night and then enjoyed a cookout at Tim's on Saturday. Both times, Lydia was a good girl. We took a picture of mom and baby in purple before we left our house on Saturday to run errands and head to Tim's place.



When we got home from Tim's house, Matt, Danielle, and Chava came by to meet Lydia. The Kalinsky family are big Hawkeye Fans and we look forward to seeing them at a few tailgates this season! Chava even came dressed in her Hawkeye Gear to meet Lydia! I am anxious to have Lydia dress in her Hawkeye outfits, but Brett insisted that we wait until September 5th and when the season begins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she looks so cute when she is sleeping...I hope she gets back on schedule for you...love the matching purple. I hope I get to come visit soon.