Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Busy Day

August 19, 2009

Lydia and I had a busy day. We started with a lunch date with Alison and her sister, Emily, at Sushigawa. I had been craving sushi ever since I got pregnant. I loved it before, but knowing I couldn't have it made me want it even more! Lydia was wide awake at the restaurant and loved spending time with Alison.

After lunch, Lydia and I went to Barnes and Noble to read some books. We sat on the floor in the children's section and read a variety of baby board books. I was more interested in the story of the chameleon that Lydia was, but I look forward to going to the library and book store more often in the future and making it a tradition with Lydia.

After we got home, Mary came over with Dairy Queen! Anyone that knows me, knows that this is the true way to make me happy! I could live off of DQ blizzards so I was very appreciative of the treat and the company!

Lydia and Mary

Daddy also had a busy day, but always tries to make it home to see Lydia at least once during the day. After work, he had to attend an event for the Creve Coeur Club at the Ivy Club. He got home at 8:30 and was excited to spend some quality time with Lydia.

Daddy loves his little girl!

This morning, when Brett was changing Lydia's diaper, he noticed her cord stump fell off. I thought it would have been more of an event, but it looked like a little raisin and now she has a cute little belly button instead of the stump. We are already looking forward to giving her an actual bath and not just a sponge bath in the sink!

Today we have kept busy cleaning the house and doing laundry. It is amazing that even simple tasks like vacuuming the carpet seem to take more time or are harder to get done. I really have to get better at making use of my time when she is sleeping to do chores. I have been really good about keeping up on the kitchen, dishes, and sterilizing the bottles and breast pump accessories, but the little things that need to get done around the house are getting somewhat neglected. I just love to spend time with her when she is awake. When she is sleeping, I find myself needing to doze off for a little bit too!

I am taking Lydia to her first Junior League meeting tonight. We have a PlayHouse meeting at 6pm. Afterwards, we are going to stop by to see Jeff, Angie, and their little one, Landon. He was born on Sunday and I am looking forward to the little ones meeting for the first time. Although I am sure one or both of them will be sleeping through the introduction!

No comments: