Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Thursday, July 30, 2009

AdCo Shower

Baby Shower at AdCo

Today, Brett's co-workers at AdCo threw us a lunch time baby shower. It was so nice and generous of them to think of us in these final days as we anticipate Lydia's arrival. All his coworkers gathered in the conference room for a potluck lunch complete with pink glasses and baby plates. The cake was absolutely adorable... "Coming Soon.... Lydia Elizabeth Ellis." I loved the bright pink and as the mommy-to-be I got the piece with the extra frosting.... yummo!


His coworkers all signed an adorable card that nearly made me tear up! They also purchased our high chair for us... Check one more thing off our 'need for Lydia' list! I feel blessed that both Brett and I are surrounded by work environments of such caring and supportive individuals! Thanks Adco Girls (and boys!).



Towards the end of lunch, it was decided that we needed to institute a baby due date pool. Each of Brett's coworkers guessed a date they thought Lydia would be born. Each person put in a dollar. Whoever guessed right, gets the pot! Good Luck! I was pleasantly surprised with guesses as early as tomorrow! Kay thinks next Thursday because it is a full moon. My bet, if I had to make one, would be next Thursday as well... but that is just a feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm betting on the full moon as well..I know several people that have had their babies then & the maternity wards (& hospitals) seem to be busier then. I think some hospitals will actually schedule more people on full moons.

shelly hernandez said...

I heard today that storms can actually cause labor! Something about the barometer change....and I hear we have a few coming!!