Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Sunday, August 2, 2009

39 Weeks

39 Weeks


I am in the homestretch! Any day now and we can be welcoming Lydia into the world. This weekend Brett and I made Friday our last "date night" before Lydia comes. We enjoyed dinner at East Port Marina overlooking the Illinois River. We then went for a drink (Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri for me) at Dolphin Cove in Spring Bay. Then we met up with Mary and Brad at Schooners. I have had a lot of late night energy and am fine staying up later than I usually do. On Saturday, I woke up not feeling the greatest because I was mostly sore and uncomfortable all night long. I attended Angie's shower for Landon and came home to rest for the afternoon. Brett and I finally made it to Gold's Gym to sign up for a year membership. It has been something we have been meaning to do so we can get back into the swing of working out once Lydia is born. Walking on the treadmill was both a relief and a pain. My lower back hurt slightly after awhile, but the exercise felt great.

Last night we celebrated Kylie's 30th Birthday at her house. The girls chatted and ate delicious snacks on the screened in porch while the boys watched baseball downstairs. As I sat on the patio furniture, I noticed my belly tightening a lot more and was a little more uncomfortable than I normally am just sitting. I am not sure if they were actual contractions, but a lot of people tell me they just feel like cramps with a tight belly and that is what I was feeling last night. Of course, they weren't regular or strong enough to start timing, but Brett and I left around 10:45pm. I went to bed shortly after we got home and woke up at 3am. I couldn't sleep. So I was up from 3-5:30am. The sun was starting to come up by then, but I was still tired, so I attempted to lay back down. I actually slept for a little longer, which was so nice! Albeit, I only sleep with a sheet now because I am still so hot at night.

Earlier this week, I went into school for, what I think, is the last time before Lydia comes. I needed to drop off some materials and make sure things were in order for my sub. She had left some questions for me, so I took the time to respond to those. As difficult as it will be for me to give up my classroom for 12 weeks, I think my mind will be preoccupied with a tiny other matter:)

My docket for this week is pretty open. I have a couple Peoria PlayHouse meetings throughout the week that I will hopefully attend. Brett and I are also planning on going to the theater to see his co-worker in a production of Harvey. Other than that, my doctor's appointment is Wednesday and I will continue to do work around the house to stay up on cleaning and laundry before Lydia gets here. My label maker is about to be retired as I have slowly run out of things that need labeling. I set up a recycling center in our garage for all recyclables that are now labeled. I am excited about starting to recycle more frequently and regularly. The recycling system in Peoria is not the greatest and we will have to take our items in to drop off, but I know it will make a difference in the amount of garbage we contribute every week to the landfills, so I think it is important.

Brett just went to pick up some milk so we can have some cereal and fruit for breakfast. He continues to do a great job making sure I am comfortable and taken care of. We just want to meet Lydia already and pray for her safe and healthy arrival!

No comments: