Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Date

Lydia has a few friends in her class this year that are not using 'safe bodies' and have been hitting and pulling hair. I asked her teacher to provide me some clarity on the situation and to alert me if Lydia has been involved in any way. There is one particular little boy (referenced in the email below) that has spent a lot of time in the office and time outs to calm his body. Whereas I prefer she not be the target of his anger and frustrations, they had a great day yesterday. So much so that I received the following email from Lydia's teacher, 

"On a funny note, Lydia may have gone on her first date yesterday in preschool. She dressed up in a pink dress, he in a suit jacket, and they went to the quiet area. With careful monitoring without being obtrusive, I observed them dancing and just sitting quietly together on the couch. She was also holding a baby doll. :) Another child said they kissed, which I did not observe, however I did remind both children that we save our kisses for home and give hugs to our friends at school!"
 
And so it begins.... At 4 years old....

No comments: