Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Friday, November 16, 2012

h'owl'oween

 There is no arguing with a three year old. When she says she wants to be a princess, you better get her a princess costume. Thankfully, I know how much Lydia loves to peruse catalogs and websites. As adamant as she was to be a princess, she was equally as persuaded to become an owl. My first preference in Halloween costume was a peacock, but amongst numerous viewings of catalogs, Lydia finally settled on her owl costume and a cute owl she made indeed. Her Halloween adventures this year included trick-or-treating at the zoo, a party with our friends and their kids, and trick-or treating at school during the Northminster Fall Fundraiser.

Lydia also visited Hyvee for their Halloween party and Bass Pro World for a Halloween craft. Whereas Halloween was a three hour event when I was a kid, it is now a three week adventure for this generation. As a parent, I was pleased that Lydia was able to get good use of her costume and wear it several times throughout the course of the season...

No comments: