Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Last Day of Curiosity Corner

 If this year was any indication on the way the remaining school years ahead of us, I know it will fly. In September, Lydia began her time at Curiosity Corner at NLC. She had her final day of class today.

Over the course of the year, Lydia met many milestones and developed immensely. At her conference with her teacher this spring, she indicated that Lydia came into the program as a baby and is leaving a little girl. As tears began to well in my eyes, I knowingly agreed and nodded my head. Just a year ago, she was uttering single words and now she speaks in paragraphs! She engaged in independent play or was biting her 'friends', and now she interacts with her peers appropriately. Her simple artwork has developed into more sophisticated strokes. Her coloring has demonstrated more control and ability to stay in the lines.  She can spell her name, recognize her name, identify all letters of the alphabet in isolation, She can count to twenty. She can recognize all her colors and basic shapes. More importantly, Lydia has a passion for school and loves to learn. I couldn't ask for more than that. I am so proud of her growth and progress this year. I just wish I knew of a way to keep her little for longer!

No comments: