Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Who Would Have Thought?

We had 50 Degree weather in the Midwest today. We spent the time after naps to enjoy the rest of the beautiful weather and take advantage of it before it turns arctic. We spent nearly an hour and a half outside playing with chalk, riding our Barbie ATV and kicking the balls around. I loved playing around with my new Canon Rebel Camera. I can't wait to take a camera class in January to learn more about the features of the camera.

When we came in, we worked on mixing colored rice. To make colored rice, you pour a two pound bag of rice in a large mixing bowl, add a generous amount of food coloring and about 3 tablespoons of vinegar. Mix up the rice and spread it on a cookie sheet to dry overnight. You can then use it to play with. Lydia loved mixing the colors, measuring them, and touching the textures. I am using the rice to make sensory find it bottles for my classroom, so I loved that it served double duty with Lydia.



No comments: