On the flip side, the fact that she is two years old made watching her dance class so much more enjoyable. She has developed quite the little personality that shines in situations that she is able to be creative and free. I can see that Lydia responds to music and movement more than anything else. She loves the rhythm and beat that is inherent in ballet class.
Ellis: Table for Four
Monday, October 3, 2011
Ballet
I stand by the affirmation that two-year old ballet class is hands down the cutest thing EVER! If you don't believe me, you are welcome to attend one of Lydia's classes. Lydia attended her first class last week. She has a wonderful instructor and had a great time. I was so happy with Lydia's ability to actually be engaged and participate (as appropriately as 2 year old girls can). She followed direction to sit on the blue line and tapped when asked to. I had a mixture of emotions that ranged from belly laughs at the hilarious moments that occurred to welling up with tears at the sweet innocence. Once "When You Wish Upon a Star" played and the girls slowly spun in circles holding their princess wands I did feel an emotional rush. I immediately took a mental picture of the image of Lydia slowly swaying to the music. It was sweet moments like that, that makes me wish she would stay this little forever. I know that in a blink of an eye, she will be dancing her way to her senior prom.
On the flip side, the fact that she is two years old made watching her dance class so much more enjoyable. She has developed quite the little personality that shines in situations that she is able to be creative and free. I can see that Lydia responds to music and movement more than anything else. She loves the rhythm and beat that is inherent in ballet class.


On the flip side, the fact that she is two years old made watching her dance class so much more enjoyable. She has developed quite the little personality that shines in situations that she is able to be creative and free. I can see that Lydia responds to music and movement more than anything else. She loves the rhythm and beat that is inherent in ballet class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment