I have to say, one of the highlights her last two days at school was that she had NOOOOO potty accidents! Once we got over the hump of getting her to go in the potty at home, she has been so easy to potty train. It's amazing what a jelly bean or a big hug can do for a little girl's motivation to go potty! She had a great week with very few accidents. We still have her wear a diaper at night, but I imagine, that is the next step in making her a diaper-free kid! Way to go Lyds!
Ellis: Table for Four
Thursday, September 8, 2011
First Day of School... For Real
Our sitter took Lydia to her first day at school by herself. Last week, daddy got to take Lydia and stay with her for the morning, but today, our sitter took Lydia and she stayed by herself! The report was rather positive from our sitter. Lydia walked into the room, found the play dough and apparently looked at all the crying kids with a look on her face that suggested she was thinking "What the heck is wrong with these people?" She played and got acquainted with the room, teachers, and procedures that past two days. I am sad that I can't be the one to take her to school, but I am so happy that we found a way to have her get the exposure and experiences that the school would afford her.

Nolan, one of the other kids at the sitter's house goes to the 4 year old program, so Lydia was able to walk in with him. She found her hook to hang up her book bag. She was ecstatic to play with the homemade (and all natural) play dough!


I have to say, one of the highlights her last two days at school was that she had NOOOOO potty accidents! Once we got over the hump of getting her to go in the potty at home, she has been so easy to potty train. It's amazing what a jelly bean or a big hug can do for a little girl's motivation to go potty! She had a great week with very few accidents. We still have her wear a diaper at night, but I imagine, that is the next step in making her a diaper-free kid! Way to go Lyds!
I have to say, one of the highlights her last two days at school was that she had NOOOOO potty accidents! Once we got over the hump of getting her to go in the potty at home, she has been so easy to potty train. It's amazing what a jelly bean or a big hug can do for a little girl's motivation to go potty! She had a great week with very few accidents. We still have her wear a diaper at night, but I imagine, that is the next step in making her a diaper-free kid! Way to go Lyds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment