One of the things I love about where I work, is who I teach with. There are numerous teachers that have become my friends that are walking a similar journey in life with recent paths leading to parenthood. Today, Lydia and I had a playdate with two of my co-workers and their sons. We all took Annie's van to Bloomington-Normal to visit one of our staple entertainment venues: The Children's Discovery Museum. The three adults were not sure how it was going to work with three kids under the age of two in one minivan, but it went as good as it possibly could have. Lydia and Maximilian enjoyed seats in the back with the 2nd of Andrew's DVD players arranged so that they could both watch the Mickey Mouse Play House.

For the first time, Lydia painted in the paint room at the museum. It is a Plexiglas room with paint stations so that kids can paint on the "walls." There are drainage areas throughout the space and ample water and paint for kids to create their masterpieces. Many of the older kids loved spraying their creations down with the water bottles and using the squeegee to wash away their art. Lydia was content to just dip her paintbrush in the primary colors and see her art come to fruition. She loved labeling the colors and mixing the paints to make new colors. She was so focused and attentive to her art. If only we could replicate that space in our own house!




We ate at FireHouse Pizza next to the museum. At first I was apprehensive about taking three toddlers into a public restaurant, but thanks to a buffet (i.e. food that was ready and able to be eaten FAST) they did really well! We left and all three kids fell asleep on the way home! What a wonderful afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment