Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Beautiful Day for a trip to the zoo...

After nap time I asked Lydia if she wanted to go swimming or to the zoo. She chose the zoo. It was a welcome decision by me as I looked forward to getting outside and walking in the beautiful weather today.

The animals were especially active today and we watched as the zebras ran through Africa and the Rhinos wrestled each other. Lydia loves watching the animals and gets excited to stroll through the different exhibits. She waves and says "hi" at the animals. While at the Colobus Monkey exhibit, Lydia kept saying a "P" word that I wasn't able to understand. Then she started signing "panda." When I asked her if she was saying "Panda" she got all excited and pointed at the monkeys. It was funny that she associated their black and white fur with the panda bear. I love that she picks up on the words in our books and conversations that I am not even aware she does.

Lydia saying "TaDa" once she found out how to climb on the lion!


Lydia saying and signing "TIGER" outside the Tiger exhibit at the zoo... I am now just realizing that this is a lion statue outside the Tiger exhibit. Interesting. If I remember right, the tiger exhibit was the former home of the lions before the Africa exhibit was created.

No comments: