So life with the Pacifer is still a part of our daily grind. We have tried twice to ween Lydia of the pacifier, but have been relatively unsuccessful. We have successfully weened her of the paci during the daytime and she now just takes the paci at night; however, when used as a tool of bribery to take her weekly picture it doesn't result in positive feedback. The conversation with Lydia went something like this:
Me: Lydia, we should take your picture in your green chair. Can you sit for mommy?
Lydia: Goes to her green chair, sits, and immediately turns around and goes back to what she was doing before I could take her picture.
Me: Oh Lydia, mommy didn't get your picture. Can you sit in your chair.
Lydia: Ignores me and continues reading her book.
Me: (trying to bribe her to sit in her chair) Lydia, I think your paci is in the chair.
Lydia: Running over to the chair, frantically looks for her paci, sits and signs "PLEASE" and says Paaaacccc (Paci).
Me: I have your paci, can you say "cheese"
Lydia: PLEASE!
Me: Cheese!
Lydia: PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE
Me: Cheese!
Lydia: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Me: Here you go.
Lydia: heheheheehe
Lydia: Goes to her green chair, sits, and immediately turns around and goes back to what she was doing before I could take her picture.
Me: Oh Lydia, mommy didn't get your picture. Can you sit in your chair.
Lydia: Ignores me and continues reading her book.
Me: (trying to bribe her to sit in her chair) Lydia, I think your paci is in the chair.
Lydia: Running over to the chair, frantically looks for her paci, sits and signs "PLEASE" and says Paaaacccc (Paci).
Me: I have your paci, can you say "cheese"
Lydia: PLEASE!
Me: Cheese!
Lydia: PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE
Me: Cheese!
Lydia: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Me: Here you go.
Lydia: heheheheehe
No comments:
Post a Comment