Initially, Lydia loved dunking the eggs into the mugs of colored water and pulling them out to see the transformation. This continued for several minutes as Lydia dunked and pulled her egg several time from the cup. The excitement stopped when Lydia started to notice that as her egg began to change color, so did her hand.
Eventually, we switched to a egg paint roller in which Lydia applied the dye via a paintbrush approach. By then, the dye had saturated into her skin and we had one very messy little girl on our hands. Opa took her to soak in the bath. I chuckled when I entered the bathroom and noticed that the bath water was beginning to turn a faint shade of green as Lydia soaked.
All in all, Lydia enjoyed her experiences dying eggs. I enjoyed her facial expressions and 'comments' as she carefully and diligently dunked her eggs in the dye. What a wonderful memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment