Lydia was able to do so much with Oma and Opa, but as the old adage states, "What happens at Oma and Opa's, Stays at Oma and Opa's!" This is true, but I do have photographic evidence of some of the late night ice-cream treats :) That being said, I know Lydia loves her time with Gary and Denise and I hope they love it equally as much. Lydia was able to visit the Iowa Children's Museum (AGAIN!) which has become a favorite play spot of hers. She loves the grocery area and farm areas the best! Word has it, she had a competition to see who's cart could be the most full and that a museum employee should be paid overtime to restock the grocery area shelves based on the items Lydia was able to fit into her cart.
Lydia had the special treat of visiting Deb's school. She surprised the group of first graders and was able to spend a little bit of time in their classroom. I am not sure who loved that more, Lydia or the kids!
Lydia also went to numerous story times at the library, Barnes and Noble, and even the library in Peoria before she left! I had a hard time keeping tabs on what they were doing each day, but thanks to the luxury of picture mail and texting, I got updates on her busy schedule and pictures to make my heart from missing her so much.
Brett and I were able to enjoy the time at home (although I did pester Denise for frequent pictures and updates). We ate out three nights in a row at restaurants that are not kid friendly. It was great to enjoy the time together, but I was more than ready to get my little girl by the time school was over on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment