She amazes me each day with the amount of information she acquires and digests. Just last week I noticed her stacking blocks for the first time: a new trick she learned at the sitter. She continues to add to her personal library of sign language. She now signs the colors red and green. She signs yes. My new favorite sign is "book" in which her tiny hands show a book opening and shutting as her fingers are locked together.
She is amazingly perceptive and observant, taking in the environment around her and internalizing the new information. She does things on "Lydia's Terms" in Lydia's Time as evidenced by her mealtime tonight. I made hamburgers and sweet corn (in an effort to pretend it was warmer outside than -10 degrees). I cut up pieces of hamburger and corn for her, but she insisted to eat from my whole hamburger and the whole cob of corn. She wants to be a big girl.
Her attention span is increasing as she develops. She spent 20 minutes at the dryer today as I picked up the kitchen putting in and taking out clothes, shutting the door, opening the door, and "doing the laundry." She is so comical in so many ways. We love to play hide and seek, which involves me running away from her until she finds me and then sprinting to a new location for her to find me. She laughs and giggles the whole time! So do I!
We started some adventures in babysitting on Thursday night for a friend. She wanted a couple hours to get some errands done and we agreed to watch her 21 month old and 8 week old sons. It was a blast. Lydia enjoyed playing with a buddy and we enjoyed holding the precious little baby. No baby fever for us though... The best part of babysitting was that we were left with only our 1 little one at the end of the night and the boys' mommy picked them up... I think that is the way grandparents must feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment