Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Impromptu Play Date

The weather here has been so beautiful. It is the perfect temperature for playing outside. Jeff had to return a propane tank he borrowed, so he brought Landon over for a bit. While he was over, Adwita from next door came to play. It was so fun to have the three babies all there! They were all born within 13 days of each other... Lydia was August 4, Landon August 16, and Adwita August 17th!!!
There is no doubt that Lydia is her father's daughter. She is social and talkative whenever she gets around other babies. She loves to reach for them and talk to them. She gave Adwita hugs and tried giving Landon a bear hug!


Lydia's teething is getting progressively better. She has been sleeping awesome at night. We put her down around 8pm and she sleeps until we have to wake her in the morning to get ready to go to the sitters. She has gotten a little clingy when I leave her at Erin's, but we have developed some tactics so she just gets distracted while I leave. I always make sure to tell her I Love Her and that I will see her soon. I have good days and bad days about leaving her. Most days I know I will see her soon and me working affords her many opportunities, activities, and other items. There are some days where it breaks my heart that I have to leave her and that I don't get to spend the quality time with her throughout the day! I recognize; however, that I am fortunate to have summers and breaks with her. I also recognize that I get to come home at a decent hour to play with her before she sleeps and that it is good for her to be social with the other kids at the sitters.

No comments: