Today was my first day back at work after a wonderful summer with Lydia. Lydia will spend her days with Erin and I am lucky to get back to her by 3:30 each day. I had Brett take a picture of us before it was time to go. Lydia was so excited to see Erin and her boys.

I had to get a picture with Lydia and Erin.

Most of Lydia's day is spent with her basket of toys at Erin's. Her first breakfast back consisted of organic cinnamon rolls without the frosting and milk. She ate grapes and a sandwich for lunch. She had a fresh zucchini muffin for snack.

All in all, going back wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. My day went fast and when I came to pick up Lydia she was a super-charged crawler and rushed to greet me at the door with a big hug! I just loved seeing her reaction when I walked through the door. Erin said she signed "more" and "eat" today at lunch. She continues to sign dog, cat, hat, splash, milk, eat, and all done! We are so proud of her! She can also clap when she is asked to and plays a great game of Peek-a-Boo. We also had swimming lessons tonight which gave us an opportunity to spend some time together. We grilled out for dinner and Lydia enjoyed some mixed veggies, raspberries, cottage cheese, and mushroom burger for dinner. The girl will eat almost anything! I am excited to finally try out my Aunt Linda's crock pot seasoning mix that she gave me last time I was home. I purchased a roast, carrots, and potatoes and plan on putting them all in the crock pot tomorrow before work. We will see how it turns out. Who knows... maybe the crock pot will be my new best friend... Wednesday night we are grilling kabobs and steak on the grill and Thursday night we are doing tacos. I love having a plan and knowing what we are going to eat ahead of time so I am not rushing to figure out what to feed Lydia and Brett at the last minute... but if all else fails, we always have chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, and grilled cheese sandwiches! I always have fresh fruit available for Lydia and frozen veggies in the freezer. I feel like this post should have more of a conclusion, but I am spent.
No comments:
Post a Comment