In Lieu of placing all 200+ pictures of Lydia's first birthday, I have added an album for you to peruse yourself. Simply click on the link under the picture above. We had an incredible time at her birthday party. We are so thankful for all our family and friends that came and celebrated her first birthday with us. We had family from the Chicagoland, Iowa, and locally attend her celebration. A lot of Lydia's friends came too.
Lydia was less than impressed with her cupcake/cake. She was also less than impressed with the immense amounts of eyes that were attempting to watch her dig into her cake. That being said, I spent the money on a cake that she didn't even attempt to eat, but I will enjoy telling her some day that she was too much of a lady to even enjoy her first birthday cake. That being said, she had her birthday shots just 2 days before. A one-year old gets 4 shots! This fact contributed to a less than stellar night sleeping, a runny nose, and achy leg. I felt bad for my little girl!
Lydia's birthday had lots of personal touches. I enjoyed creating her banners, napkin rings, and other decorations. I even had cute favors, but completely forgot to hand them out to some of the babies before they left and thus have quite a few left over.
2. Kids will play with whatever they want and that may not include the toys you put out for them. I had placed all of Lydia's toys outisde to play with, but the kids were fascinated with her fridge toys. There were 5 babies playing in the kitchen floor with the fridge magnets. This is also true with the feather boas that we used for decoration outside.
3. A party has to be thrown around the baby's naptime. Lydia woke up just minutes before the first guest arrived. Thus, she was mostly happy and content during the party.
4. Take lots of pictures. Copy the pictures others take on their cameras.
Lydia was less than impressed with her cupcake/cake. She was also less than impressed with the immense amounts of eyes that were attempting to watch her dig into her cake. That being said, I spent the money on a cake that she didn't even attempt to eat, but I will enjoy telling her some day that she was too much of a lady to even enjoy her first birthday cake. That being said, she had her birthday shots just 2 days before. A one-year old gets 4 shots! This fact contributed to a less than stellar night sleeping, a runny nose, and achy leg. I felt bad for my little girl!
Lydia's birthday had lots of personal touches. I enjoyed creating her banners, napkin rings, and other decorations. I even had cute favors, but completely forgot to hand them out to some of the babies before they left and thus have quite a few left over.
I learned a few things from throwing her birthday party.
1. You can't anticipate the actions of a 12 month old. I thought she would love the cake. She didn't. We even put grapes on top of the cake later on hoping it would entice her to dig in. She ate the grapes, not the cake.2. Kids will play with whatever they want and that may not include the toys you put out for them. I had placed all of Lydia's toys outisde to play with, but the kids were fascinated with her fridge toys. There were 5 babies playing in the kitchen floor with the fridge magnets. This is also true with the feather boas that we used for decoration outside.
3. A party has to be thrown around the baby's naptime. Lydia woke up just minutes before the first guest arrived. Thus, she was mostly happy and content during the party.
4. Take lots of pictures. Copy the pictures others take on their cameras.
No comments:
Post a Comment