Ellis: Table for Four
Monday, June 21, 2010
Lydia's First Owie...
Now that Lydia is mobile and increasingly more curious, combined with her overt need to be independent, a tumble or stumble here and there was bound to occur. Her first real "owie" happened when Little Miss Lydia thought she was big enough to pull a rocking chair at Oma and Opa's down and it hit her nose. Despite an inital whimper on Lydia's part, I think her mommy and oma were more upset at the injury than Lydia appeared. A scrape on her nose was the only remnant of her small injury and Lydia appeared oblivious to it. I know, that despite how much we strive to protect Lydia from any injury or harm, she is bound to end up with some bumps and scratches along the way. Somehow, despite how my heart ached for her little owie, she looked cute! I think that is an indication that I truly am a parent... Despite anything, Lydia will always be the cutest girl in my eyes!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment