Ellis: Table for Four
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Children's Discovery Museum
Have I mentioned that this summer break deal is AWESOME! Today's adventures brought us to The Children's Discovery Museum in Normal. Adults are charged $6.00 admission, but teachers are free! I didn't realize that until I was prepared to pay at the register, so that was a welcome surprise! Lydia was free! I have a feeling we will be making several more trips there this summer, despite the 45 minute drive. The best part of the trip was playing with Olivia. Olivia's mom and I used to teach together in East Peoria and they now live in Normal. We were able to meet up and enjoy a morning together! The museum is three stories tall and has lots of different galleries. Many of them were too "advanced" for Lydia (ie. medical exhibit), but a lot of the exhibits were fun! Lydia loved the sensory manipulatives, mirrors, noise makers, and animals. After our afternoon at the museum, we went to Von Maur in Bloomington since we do not have one in Peoria. Then, we met Brett for lunch at Wild Berries as he was in Bloomington for a sales call.
Lydia and Olivia playing on the blocks that are used to create a freestanding arch! They loved these cushion blocks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment