Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sleep Tight

I don't think I will EVER get over needing to check on Lydia multiple times before I go to sleep! I just love looking at her resting peacefully in her crib before I go to sleep. When I go to sleep, I still am able to see her on the monitor. She has officially become a side sleeper. I think her sleeping preferences are similar to mine. She loves her belly and will occasionally sleep on her side. All in all, she doesn't stay in one position long. The bet would be that, however you put her to bed in the evening, she will be in the complete opposite position in the morning.
Our bedtime routine is brief, but I love it! We read "Goodnight Moon" and the "Going to Bed Book." Throughout the day we read a lot of other books, but we reserve these two for her nightly routine... I am 90% sure I can recite the entire Goodnight Moon Book from heart. Lydia loves reading the book with me and can flip through the pages.
Other developmental notes: Today Lydia took 2 of her milk feedings from a sippy. My goal for summer break was to make sure she was 100% on sippy cups by 11 months... The only problem we are experiencing is that she can intake the milk, but it is at a faster flow than she is used to. This may/may not result in excess spit up. On a food note, Lydia has had a lot of new foods. Most recently, watermelon! I am a HUGE watermelon fan and have been for a long time. The grocery store has finally started stocking watermelon for the season, but I am excited to get some at the Farmer's Markets this summer. Lydia enjoyed her watermelon with purple grapes, cheese, ham, and whole wheat tortillas today for dinner. This weekend, Lydia tried grilled cheese for the first time. I love how cute baby portions of food look when I cook and often have to talk myself out of taking a picture of each of the things she is eating.

Lydia continues to progress with her mobility. Although she is not crawling under typical standards, she is able to maneuver herself around a room by rolling. Furthermore, she can move towards objects that she is highly motivated to obtain. She positions herself in a crawl position and can even move from a crawling to sitting stance. We have learned quickly that she requires our attention 100% of the time while she learns to explore the world around her! Lydia now takes baths in the big girl bathtub without the baby bathtub. She is loving the freedom and the increased surface area. We are loving not getting water all over our kitchen floor.

No comments: