Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Friday, April 16, 2010

New Foods

Lydia has gotten to try more and more "big girl" foods. I have been cognizant of the foods I give her so that she has a variety of different tastes and textures. I was incredibly surprised when I was able to find baby-sized pasta in the pasta aisle at Kroger. I mixed that with chopped carrots, peas, and chopped zucchini and made a batch of baby risotto. I made enough so that I could freeze some and have some on hand in the fridge. Lydia loves it. I tried it and thought it was pretty tasty myself! For dinner on this particular evening, Lydia also had avocado and cream cheese sandwiches. I purchased some mini multi-grain bread and spread the avocado and cream cheese mixture on top. Lydia was able to feed herself, albeit, it was a messy experience. She loves the little bread pieces as a snack. For "dessert," Lydia had a blueberry cobbler, which, in all actuality, was just pureed blueberry, mango, melon, and baby cereal. Again, I tried it too and found it to be pretty tasty.

Tuesday night was a busy baby food making night for me. I was able to make quite a few batches of different foods for Lydia. I found that doing bigger batches, less often, was best for me. Although I love the stand by bananas and avocados that can be mashed on the go or grapes and strawberries that I can cut up and give to her. It is so fun to watch Lydia experience all the wonderful foods that are available.


No comments: