Today I gave Lydia her first 'real' baby food. I prepared squash for her on Sunday. Since I had a snow day today, I thought I would see how she did with the squash.. I always put her in her highchair when it is feeding time so she becomes used to the routine, but she isn't a picky eater (so far) so I doubt it would matter to her where she was as long as she got food. She had a little taste and was ready for more. Then she wasn't quite sure what the squash was. She had been used to eating rice cereal. She smacked her lips a little bit, spit it out, and reached for more!
I gave her another spoonful and she decided she wanted to feed herself. I gave her the spoon and she sucked on it for awhile, making a huge mess in the process... She is little miss independent... wonder where she got that from? I did have her eat cereal at the same meal time as well. I wasn't sure how much squash to give her, so I just went with her cues to see when she decided she was full. She ate about two tablespoons of squash and her 4 baby spoonfuls of cereal and 4 ounces of milk. She finished her squash and cereal, then washed it down with a delicious bottle of milk! She can hold it on her own now for a while. This made me think of the song we learned in baby signing class that goes... I like to eat... eat... eat... cereal.... We're all done now... I'll wash it down... with my favorite drink.... MILK! I will give Lydia squash for the next three days to make sure she doesn't have any reactions to it before I offer her a new food. I originally thought her next food would be sweet peas, but I read that they add to gassiness. So, I will go with either sweet potatoes or apples/pears... I will be making another batch this weekend.
Wow, can't believe she can hold her bottle on her own already..that's great! Landon can a little, only for about a minute or so. So she's drinking straight milk or do you mean formula? I didn't know they could drink straight milk yet. I can't believe Landon & Lydia are growing up so fast...both sad and exciting!
No.... she is drinking breastmilk still... but even when she has formula- I think I still call it milk... I don't think can have formula until 1 year or so...
3 comments:
What a big girl holding her bottle!
Wow, can't believe she can hold her bottle on her own already..that's great! Landon can a little, only for about a minute or so. So she's drinking straight milk or do you mean formula? I didn't know they could drink straight milk yet. I can't believe Landon & Lydia are growing up so fast...both sad and exciting!
No.... she is drinking breastmilk still... but even when she has formula- I think I still call it milk... I don't think can have formula until 1 year or so...
Post a Comment