I got the best wake-up call this morning; my phone tree calling to say we had a snow day! Despite the fact we will go another day in May, I couldn't help, but be excited that I would get to spend a lazy and cuddly day home with Lydia. In weather and cold temperatures like this, it is hard to want to pack everything up and get out the door and off to work, so the snow day was a much appreciated break from the grind.
That being said, I was excited to experience my first snow day as a mommy and wanted Lydia to check out the snow. She has a snow suit, so I bundled her up and took her outside. That lasted a whole 2 minutes (if that). Poor Lydia was warm, but couldn't move in her pink snowsuit. I put in her the snow to take a picture and she just hung out there and was probably thinking "what the heck are we doing, mom?"

When I picked her up, there was a cute little Lydia-sized snow angel imprint. I tried to take a picture, but I couldn't really tell what it was...

I really wanted to see how Lydia did with the snow. My friend, Abbie, had the idea to bring a pan of snow inside and let the baby play with it and I thought it was a great idea. I filled a baking dish with snow and had Lydia play with it. She stuck her hands in the pile and just looked at me funny. Then snow got all over her, but she didn't seemed to phased by the cold or the wet.

1 comment:
Sooo sooo cute! Love the snow suit and little hat. I must be a bad Mom..I'm way too cold to go play out in the snow. :) Glad you were able to enjoy the day with your little sweetheart!
Post a Comment