Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Sunday, January 24, 2010

25 Weeks Old

25 Weeks Old

Lydia is just about 25 weeks old... Nearing the 6 month mark and getting bigger by the day. Now that Brett and I are both back at work after winter break, we have slacked a little on taking as many pictures, so we try to catch up on the weekends.


Today, Lydia enjoyed a spa day in the big girl bathtub. We put her in her little bathtub in the big bath tub. She is really starting to interact with her bath toys and bath books. She loves the water and doesn't mind when we rinse her off or when water gets in her eyes. We are really excited to begin swim lessons with her and continue to see her enjoy the water. Oma bought a new swimsuit for Lydia this weekend. It is pink with a pink tutu! It is adorable!


Lydia continues to be a great sleeper with a few nights here and there that are a little off due to the fact she is teething. Although she sleeps well at night, she is far less interested in napping through out the day. She does love to cuddle when she naps though, but we are lucky if we get 1 or two significant naps in through out the day.


Oma and Opa came to watch Lydia this weekend while Brett and I attended the East Peoria Chamber Dinner on Friday night. Lydia loved spending time with Oma and Opa. Brett and I enjoyed a night out together for the first time since a wedding in September. We love our little girl, but enjoyed a night out to reconnect together. We went to the dinner and then to a friend's house for a couple drinks. By 11pm I was ready to come home and crash! Oma and Opa then watched Lydia in the morning while Brett and I slept in until nearly 10am! What a nice treat!


Babysitting has been going really well for Lydia and the routine of taking her to and from the sitter is becoming more 'doable.' This picture is of Lydia and Taylor! It is so fun to pick up Lydia and hear about her day from Linda and watch her as she plays 'around and near' Taylor. They aren't interacting yet, but watching them near each other is so cute! I love the fact that Lydia is in a small group on Mondays and Fridays and just with Taylor the rest of the week. So far, Lydia hasn't come down with much more than a little cough and I know she is getting lots of love and attention from Erin and Linda.

No comments: