11 Weeks Old
October 20, 2009
October 20, 2009
My baby is growing so fast! It is hard to believe she was born just 11 short weeks ago. This week, I go back to work. I originally had told the district office that I would return on November 2nd, but after much careful deliberation, Brett and I decided that it would be best for me to return this Thursday. This will hopefully be an easy transition as I haven't been back to work since we left for summer break in early June! When I return on Thursday, I am going back to parent/teacher conferences. That being said, I don't have to be at work on Thursday until noon and will work until 7pm. On Friday I will work 7-1pm. Not only will this ease me back into my schedule, but it will also give me time to meet with parents and chat with the other teachers about the progress of the students on my caseload.
My dad will be staying with us until December to watch Lydia and I think this fact will also ease us back into a routine and schedule. We won't have to drive her to a sitter or hurry around in the morning with her quite yet. I know my dad will enjoy his time with his little granddaughter.
My only true concern about going back is making sure Lydia continues to get 'fresh' breastmilk. I have reserves in the freezer should we need them, but I would like for her to continue to get fresh bottles. That being said, I know I will need to pump at some point during the day at work. Not an easy feat when the bathroom/pumping areas are less than ideal spots to pump. We will manage though and I am sure once I figure out a routine, things will be fine.
I was talking to another mom the other day and told her I don't feel like I get much accomplished during the day. I have a feeling that when I get back to work, it will also encourage me to return to my super-multi-tasker self so that I can get my work/volunteer/home (not in that order) responsibilities taken care of. I am always so proud of myself when I get the laundry and dishes done by the end of the day! We have managed to still keep the house up and are working on keeping Lydia's toys put away each night. So far so good.
Tonight we are taking dinner to Scott, Kirstin, and Taylor. Tomorrow is a 'school' night so I will be preparing for that. I will miss my cuddles with Lydia in the morning, but will be sure we get lots of cuddle time on the weekend. I know she will get lots of cuddles with my dad as well.
My dad will be staying with us until December to watch Lydia and I think this fact will also ease us back into a routine and schedule. We won't have to drive her to a sitter or hurry around in the morning with her quite yet. I know my dad will enjoy his time with his little granddaughter.
My only true concern about going back is making sure Lydia continues to get 'fresh' breastmilk. I have reserves in the freezer should we need them, but I would like for her to continue to get fresh bottles. That being said, I know I will need to pump at some point during the day at work. Not an easy feat when the bathroom/pumping areas are less than ideal spots to pump. We will manage though and I am sure once I figure out a routine, things will be fine.
I was talking to another mom the other day and told her I don't feel like I get much accomplished during the day. I have a feeling that when I get back to work, it will also encourage me to return to my super-multi-tasker self so that I can get my work/volunteer/home (not in that order) responsibilities taken care of. I am always so proud of myself when I get the laundry and dishes done by the end of the day! We have managed to still keep the house up and are working on keeping Lydia's toys put away each night. So far so good.
Tonight we are taking dinner to Scott, Kirstin, and Taylor. Tomorrow is a 'school' night so I will be preparing for that. I will miss my cuddles with Lydia in the morning, but will be sure we get lots of cuddle time on the weekend. I know she will get lots of cuddles with my dad as well.
2 comments:
Time flies doesn't it when you're with the little one?! Can't believe you're going back to work already!..seemed like you just had her!
Time sure does fly when you're having FUN and staying BUSY with a little one! It stinks it's time for us both to head back to work but we enjoyed the few playdates we were able to have together!
Post a Comment