Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bumbo Time

One of the gifts we received was the Bumbo Seat. Almost every new mom I know has one and I love it. It gives Lydia some time to sit up and support her head. We put her in it on Friday while we worked on cleaning up our email accounts and going through mail. I think she enjoyed it for the short amount of time she was in it.


She continues to develop more and more of a personality. Most of the time she is a content and very adaptable baby. We are still working on getting into a routine at night. She is usually a pretty good sleeper and will only wake up at around 4am to eat and go back to sleep. I am just looking forward to a full night's sleep without having to get up to nurse.

Brett and I went to a wedding on Saturday Night for our friends Jen and John. We didn't want to get a babysitter because we are still cautious about leaving her. So, Gary and Denise came down for the night and stayed with her! We were so thankful to enjoy the night out with the peace of mind she was in good hands. Gary and Denise even brought her a Hawkeye Cheerleader outfit for Lydia to wear in a couple months! We can't wait until she can cheer on her IOWA HAWKS!

We finally ordered our newborn pictures. I had such a difficult time deciding which ones to order because she was adorable in all of them! I finally decided on quite a few; including a collage to coordinate with the maternity pictures we had taken. We also ordered some square board pictures to coordinate on the shelves in our living room with the maternity pictures that were previously taken. The picture frames in our home are changing from pictures of Brett and me, to pictures of Lydia and our family. We are booking a mini-session with our photographer so that Lydia can get pictures in her Halloween Costume and then another session for family pictures in the fall colors. We are looking forwarding to including all of these in the photographer's album we will order and receive at the end of her first year that will include many of the pictures we have taken thus far and will continue to take throughout her first year!

1 comment:

Angie Grant said...

I can't believe how much she's growing up! I can't believe she can already sit herself up in a bumbo seat..that's awesome! I think Landon has a little bit yet before he can do that, but he is still pretty small. :)