30 Weeks
I remember back when I hit "double digits" as a ten-year old. To have two numbers in my age was a big deal... That is kind of how I feel about this week... We are now in the last ten weeks of pregnancy. I am done with the single digits, the teens, the twenties, and am embarking on the 30s in terms of weeks of pregnancy. It seems surreal.
We had our first childbirth preparation class tonight. There were a total of 9 couples in our class. They were mostly due in July, with one couple due with twins in September. It was fun and interesting to be in a room with 8 other preggo gals. We learned the basics of labor and signs of labor. I had a few questions answered and feel a little better about what to expect. We will learn more about the specifics of labor, techniques for laboring, and what to expect post partum in the next class sessions. The Nurse will also discuss pain relief options. I am not set on getting an epidural and would actually prefer to have a natural drug-free birth... but don't want to be closed-minded if I end up not being able to tolerate the pain, so learning about the pain relief options is a big goal of mine throughout the classes we are taking. We also toured the Wonder Center at Methodist Hospital. Our verdict is still out in regards to which hospital we will deliver at. We plan on going over to Proctor for a tour sometime after this week to check it out. We have 3 more sessions of childbirth preparation class. We also start infant massage class this week and newborn and mom class next week. We wrap up our whirlwind of classes in July with Breastfeeding....
My birthday was Thursday and Brett surprised me with some great gifts! First of which as a new digital camera. We really needed one since ours broke and I wanted to ensure that we had one for all the upcoming events and trips we have planned, not to mention a certain baby that is sure to be photographed a ton! He also booked me a prenatal massage. I am looking forward to that! The highlight of my birthday gifts was a surprise trip to Arizona in June at a five star resort and spa! There is a water park at the resort that we will use to truly sit back and relax. I told Brett that all I need is a bottle of water and a tube and I will float all day in the lazy river or wave pool. We aren't planning many excursions on the trip, but really hope to make good use of our time relaxing and soaking in the sun! I truly have a great hubby! At work, I was surprised with a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake at lunch time... needless to say it was delicious.
We spent Friday night at our house with some friends. We had a cookout and played board games. Jon and Kristin brought baby Grant over, Jodi brought Baby Jenna over, and Jeremy and Dawn brought their two boys over. It was so fun to play with the babies and get some advice from Jeremy and Dawn. Our Friday nights have definitely changed in terms of what we do for activities, but we had so much fun!
Saturday, Brett and I enjoyed a 'sleep in.' We are trying to get in as many as possible! Then we went to the Junior League house to check out Kylie's work on the Julep's Closet basement! They did a fabulous job! Then we went to Burger Barge and enjoyed some good food out on the back patio. We wrapped up our night at Washington Cherry Fest and with some shopping!
We have a sonogram and appt. on Friday with Dr. Luan. We will measure Lydia to make sure she is measuring on schedule... Then Brett and I will be off to Chicago for the Hepker wedding and to celebrate Dad's retirement! The wedding is Friday night and then we will go to Medeival Times on Saturday night for Dad's celebration. I plan on making some shopping stops at some baby stores and IKEA:) I am really looking forward to the weekend with the Ellises and the Pierces!
We had our first childbirth preparation class tonight. There were a total of 9 couples in our class. They were mostly due in July, with one couple due with twins in September. It was fun and interesting to be in a room with 8 other preggo gals. We learned the basics of labor and signs of labor. I had a few questions answered and feel a little better about what to expect. We will learn more about the specifics of labor, techniques for laboring, and what to expect post partum in the next class sessions. The Nurse will also discuss pain relief options. I am not set on getting an epidural and would actually prefer to have a natural drug-free birth... but don't want to be closed-minded if I end up not being able to tolerate the pain, so learning about the pain relief options is a big goal of mine throughout the classes we are taking. We also toured the Wonder Center at Methodist Hospital. Our verdict is still out in regards to which hospital we will deliver at. We plan on going over to Proctor for a tour sometime after this week to check it out. We have 3 more sessions of childbirth preparation class. We also start infant massage class this week and newborn and mom class next week. We wrap up our whirlwind of classes in July with Breastfeeding....
My birthday was Thursday and Brett surprised me with some great gifts! First of which as a new digital camera. We really needed one since ours broke and I wanted to ensure that we had one for all the upcoming events and trips we have planned, not to mention a certain baby that is sure to be photographed a ton! He also booked me a prenatal massage. I am looking forward to that! The highlight of my birthday gifts was a surprise trip to Arizona in June at a five star resort and spa! There is a water park at the resort that we will use to truly sit back and relax. I told Brett that all I need is a bottle of water and a tube and I will float all day in the lazy river or wave pool. We aren't planning many excursions on the trip, but really hope to make good use of our time relaxing and soaking in the sun! I truly have a great hubby! At work, I was surprised with a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake at lunch time... needless to say it was delicious.
We spent Friday night at our house with some friends. We had a cookout and played board games. Jon and Kristin brought baby Grant over, Jodi brought Baby Jenna over, and Jeremy and Dawn brought their two boys over. It was so fun to play with the babies and get some advice from Jeremy and Dawn. Our Friday nights have definitely changed in terms of what we do for activities, but we had so much fun!
Saturday, Brett and I enjoyed a 'sleep in.' We are trying to get in as many as possible! Then we went to the Junior League house to check out Kylie's work on the Julep's Closet basement! They did a fabulous job! Then we went to Burger Barge and enjoyed some good food out on the back patio. We wrapped up our night at Washington Cherry Fest and with some shopping!
We have a sonogram and appt. on Friday with Dr. Luan. We will measure Lydia to make sure she is measuring on schedule... Then Brett and I will be off to Chicago for the Hepker wedding and to celebrate Dad's retirement! The wedding is Friday night and then we will go to Medeival Times on Saturday night for Dad's celebration. I plan on making some shopping stops at some baby stores and IKEA:) I am really looking forward to the weekend with the Ellises and the Pierces!
1 comment:
Brett and the practice doll pics crack me up! Glad the classes are going well...I'm really looking forward to ours! Also your trip to AZ will be so nice and you definitely need to relax this time! Happy 30 weeks!!!
Post a Comment