
The baby's crib and dresser are now officially in the nursery, but they are unassembled and sitting in boxes. It is so tempting to put them together, but we are now considering repainting the nursery. Once we find out if we are having a girl or boy, we will have a better idea of what we will end up doing with the nursery. The bedding will stay the same, but the colors of the walls may change.
My co-workers have already set a date for the Wilder Waite baby shower. Amanda, the kindergarten teacher, and I are due 4 weeks apart and will have a co-shower. I love that she is going to be there with me. Our shower is set for April 24th. I told the other teacher that is co-planning the shower that I feel like I just told her at a cookie exchange over Christmas about our news... now it seems surreal that a date is set at work for our shower! I am excited and thrilled! Amanda is having a boy- I can't wait to see if the shower will be all blue or blue and pink... Only a couple more weeks if we don't find out on Tuesday!
On a positive note, my sciatica has slowly diminished. It was really bad there for a couple days, but as long as I don't sit for long durations of time, it has been doing a lot better, which is a welcome relief. On the other hand, my sleeping is being disrupted by hip pain as I lay on my side and the baby grows. I guess this is all part of the growing a baby process. It is not intense pain like the sciatica was, just uncomfortable and requires me to switch positions. I have a feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to discomfort with sleeping. My neighbor, Elaine, brought me over a pregancny pillow that I use to adjust around my back, between my legs, or to support my belly (when it gets bigger). It has been a welcome addition to my sleeping routine.
Finally, We are sending in our form tomorrow to Methodist Hospital (The hospital the baby will be born at) to register for our baby classes. We are enrolling in four different types of classes that range from 3 sessions to 6 sessions depending on the course. The classes we are taking our Childbirth Preparation, Infant Massage, Newborn & Mom, and Breastfeeding Basics. Our first class is Childbirth preparation and that will begin in May. The other courses run from June through July. We will have a busy summer of courses- but I am excited to be prepared and as knowledgable as possible about this process. The courses also include a tour of the labor and delivery area at Methodist so we can become acquainted with where our little one will arrive.
3 comments:
So is your appt. this Tuesday or Wednesday? I so hope you're able to find out the sex!!! You're almost halfway there...how exciting! And glad to hear your sciatic nerve pain is gone. It's definitely no fun.
Try to find an infant CPR class too! I went to one before Mikey was born and it helped me feel ALOT more prepared for the "scary" stuff. They teach CPR, but also hymelic on infants and children and on pregnant women too which is alot different! ITs usually a couples class!
I forgot to mention that I STILL sleep with a pillow supporting my sides! And that blue/brown or pink brown would be great..but the color that is in there now is beautiful too..so I vote for leaving it alone! =)
Post a Comment