Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Monday, March 2, 2009

Glider and Ottoman are Here

The first items in the nursery are here and officially assembled. Brett picked them up over his lunch hour and brought the box upstairs. Even though I had the day off, I figured I wouldn't put it together just yet... I kept staring at the box and eventually broke down. It was fairly easy to assemble and only took 1/2 hour. It is now officially set up in the corner and I look at it now, I still can't fathom that in a few months, I will be sitting there holding and nursing the little baby that is busy growing inside me now. The crib and dresser should be here later this week. I have already started cleaning out the desk to move it downstairs to make room. We have to go buy a small black desk to put in the guest room to house the printer and laptop. We also have to figure out what to do with the TV that is in the office, since we won't want one in the nursery...

Sadly, I also took off our diplomas from college off the wall in the nursery. I am thinking we will put them in the sports room, since technically, they are related to Bradley... I can't wait to find out what the sex is so we can choose the name and place the name letters in place of the diploma frames... I also have to figure out which quote I want for above the crib.

The Sciatica is a little better today, but still painful at times. I have enjoyed the day off to relax and keep the pressure off my back. I even took a long hot bath, complete with a mud mask to relax earlier today. That was a perfect opportunity for me to relax and soak in the tub.

My next item to purchase is the stroller. I have been researching it diligently. My mom has offered to "gift" this item as her present to the baby. I know we won't need it for a while, but it is something that I want to have a good grasp on and figure out the features that I want. There seems to be so many options! It is just as difficult as buying a car (ok maybe not that strenuous).

2 comments:

Angie Grant said...

Glad your sciatica is a little better. I tell ya, a massage would really help! Glad you were able to get some relaxing in yesterday!!
You are moving right along with the nursery...I think we'll wait a few months before we start on anything. There will be SO much to do thuogh! :) Baby Ellis & Grant will be here before you know it!!!!

Jennifer F. said...

I'm sad that we moved to Houston so we can't see/help with all the changes. The Glider was one of the best things we ever bought. We put it off until after Nathan ws here and once we had it I wished I had it from the start.

My one recommendation for something else to get is a white noise machine. We got a simple 2 speed machine that just does differnt pitches of white noise like static. We take it everywhere when we travel with Nathan. It isn't habit forming but keeps a lot of background noise out of the room. The musical noise machines work also but they start to "need" that to sleep and it is just anouther thing down the road that you might have to break the habit of. This is just my two-cents.

Enjoy!! This is a great tie and you'll probaby miss it once she/he is here.

Jennifer Fox