Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Baby Boom

Baby Ellis is going to have quite the contingency of baby friends. It seems like there are a ton of other girls pregnant now or just finding out. It seems we are in the 2nd wave that is coming after the 1st wave of weddings of the 2005/2006 summers. Jenny "truck" has kept me informed on all the pregnancies that are going on at Central Junior High... Seems like everyone is expecting there! Also, there is another kindergarten teacher at school that is expecting three weeks before us! Brett's co-worker and his wife are also expecting in July... I am sure there are more out there too and that doesn't include those couples that have recently had a baby or are soon expecting. All I know is it is refreshing and reassuring to have other girls to ask silly questions to or discuss pregnancy related celebrations or concerns!

I also had my first crazy craving that came with pregnancy while walking through target the other night. I spotted mustard in the food aisle and instantly wanted deviled eggs.... Needless to say I was home boiling eggs later that evening to succumb to my egg craving- which is interesting because another 'symptom' I have had is a strong aversion to scrambled eggs. I can't even look at them without feeling sick! I guess that is part of this whole experience though.

I have been enjoying the surprise cards we have received in the mail congratulating us and wishing us a healthy pregnancy. It is so nice to have the support of our friends and family through this time. I remember at 5 weeks thinking this was going to take forever and here we are at 13. I can't imagine how fast the rest of this time is going to go! I know we are all eagerly anticipating Baby Ellis!!!!

My mom and dad visited over the weekend and added to our hawkeye baby wear collection by purchasing us an Iowa Hawkeye bib, bottle, and pacifier. These will go well with the onesies, booties, and outfits we already have. Needless to say, boy or girl, this baby will be a hawkeye! Brett has already suggested taking the baby to the bowl game next winter.... We will have to see how that goes...

No comments: