Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baby Bedding & more...










I was looking for baby bedding and came upon this bedding on target.com thanks to a girl on the bump.com... I really like it and better yet- it was on clearance! There is the perfect combination of colors for the yellow nursery. On a side note, we have decided not to paint the office that will become the nursery for the sole reason that is already a beautiful color for a nursery, the painting was done well, and it will be a good color for resale later on. Also, depending on if it is a girl or boy- I can accent the bedding with the raspberry or baby blue color. I also love the brown and that will match
whatever crib and furniture we decide to buy. I bought the 3 piece set that includes a sheet set, comforter, and bumper. I also purchased the crib ruffle for the bottom of the crib and the fuzzy blanket to put on the glider that we will order... This is my first real baby purchase and I am super excited to see it when it comes in!

Yesterday I had a little scare with some bleeding, but under the circumstances of the bleeding, the Doctor assured me that it was ok as long as the bleeding stopped and doesn't come back. It worried me all day that I ended up taking a 1/2 day to come home and just rest. My mom tells me that the worrying only gets worse when the baby arrives and never goes away. She still worries about me and my siblings and we are all grown. It is just amazing how so much of my thought process focuses on the baby and the well-being of the baby. We still have 25 weeks to go!

Shelly has already picked a date to have my Peoria Baby Shower. I am super excited, although it is hard to believe it is already a date on the calendar: June 27th. It just feels like we found out and now we have a shower planned and the nursery details coming along. I can't wait to find out what we will be planning for in 4 weeks- a little girl or a little boy. The Chinese Gender Predictor says it's a little girl. Brett's grandma thinks it's a little boy. Angie emailed me and said that it depends on the siblings of the father- well Brett has one sister and one brother- so that is a 50/50 chance... the ultrasound will definitely be an exciting day as we find out what we are expecting!.

Brett has been amazing and I am so thrilled to see him become a dad. He is already so attached to the baby. He talks to my belly, rubs it before bed, and is very doting over anything I need. The other day I wasn't feeling well and Brett looked up online remedies for nausea and tried to purchase "Preggie Pops" for me. The pharmacy was out of them, but his effort was priceless... He is going to be a wonderful father.

No comments: