Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spreading the News

We saw the baby's heartbeat on December 23rd. This was right after we had told the Ellis family and just before we shared the news with the Pierce Family.

We shared the news with our families on separate occasions. Originally, we were hoping that the Pierce family and the Ellis family would be able to join us together on the night of our annual Christmas Party. Due to weather, Ted and Joan stayed home. Gary, Denise, and Tyler made the trek from Cedar Rapids to join us. A slideshow was created as a "year end-review" to showcase the exciting things Brett and I did all year. At the conclusion of the slideshow were pictures of Brett opening his "christmas gift" and a slide that said "Expecting Baby Ellis in August 2009." Needless to say, I think Gary and Denise were stunned. When I told my parents on the day after Christmas we used the same slideshow and received a similar reaction. My mom and dad stared at the screen before my mom said "She's Pregnant!" They both began to cry and there were hugs all around. My dad jokingly informed Brett that he should have just gotten me the Yorkie Puppy I had wanted. It was a Christmas to remember!

No comments: