Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

And then there were four....

 We have known for a while that we would love the blessing of another child to add to our family. That prayer was answered the first week of October 2013 when we learned we were expecting our second child. Baby Ellis #2 is due in June 2014. We are elated to add a baby to our family. We told Lydia and she has been eagerly awaiting mommy's belly getting bigger and my lap getting smaller.

She added to her Christmas wish list gifts for the baby and has demonstrated a lot of empathy during moments of nausea and illness from mommy. 

I am currently in my 12th week. The baby is the size of a lime. We went to the doctor at 9 weeks and saw the baby on the ultrasound machine. Lydia was amazed and Brett and I were relieved that the heartbeat looked strong and everything was progressing well. We had to giggle when Lydia asked if the baby was coming that day. Luckily there was another woman in the waiting room that was over due. I was able to show Lydia how "big" mommy is really going to get. Brett and I also decided that we would not find out the gender of the baby during this pregnancy. As much joy as we had in knowing that Lydia was a girl and being able to plan her arrival accordingly, we are equally as excited to be surprised and welcome the baby!

Being mom to Lydia and keeping up with work commitments, has made the first trimester fly by. I haven't had a lot of time to worry about the little aches and pains that I feel or when I wake up in the morning and need to eat ASAP! Brett has been great in remembering to buy Sprite and Ginger Ale to ease my stomach. My typical glass of wine in the evening has turned to oreos and milk as a night cap! I also can't get enough soup!  I could eat it at every meal. At first it started with a craving of chicken and gnochhi soup from Olive Garden and now I want soup all the time!






We are looking forward to June and can't wait to introduce Baby E to the world!

No comments: