Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My 29th Birthday

I celebrated my 29th Birthday this weekend. To ring in the final year of my 20s, I asked for what every young mom would ask for, a free morning to sleep in! Brett obliged and woke up with Lydia and kept her fed and entertained so that I could sleep in. My birthday presents from Brett and Lydia included a new charm for my Pandora bracelet, gift certificate to buy wine, and a personalized mouse pad with pictures of Lydia and me! Brett and Lydia even made a card for me to accompany the gifts!

When we finally got ready for the day, we chose to go to the Peoria Zoo. They were going to be hosting their annual zoo fest, but the weather was dreary, damp and cold and many of the activities were canceled. We enjoyed an afternoon visiting with the monkeys, tigers and lions with relatively small crowds. Lydia showed some apprehension with the monkeys and meerkats, which was interesting because of her fondness for animals. I guess we will have to see if that continues with subsequent trips to the zoo this summer.

After our trip to the zoo, we changed clothes to go out to dinner. Uncle Burliss watched Lydia for the evening so we could enjoy drinks and appetizers at 309 before heading downtown to welcome the American Tap into the Peoria Restaurant scene. We enjoyed the free food and drinks with our Jaycee friends.

No comments: