I am often inspired by the songs I hear on the radio, but these inspirations do not occur as frequently as I wish they would. The lyrics in particular songs have brought me to tears on several occasions. I can distinctly remember a trip to Cedar Rapids from Woodstock when Brett and I were dating when a country song played on the radio for the first time that moved me so much that I missed my exit and had to recollect myself. Although, I attempt to pride myself on someone that can usually hold themselves together under pressure or difficult situations, songs are the one vehicle that can shatter any attempts at keeping my composure. My most recent experience with a song that brought me to tears was the one in the video below, "What it Means to Be Loved." I heard it on the Christian radio station, WCIC, on my way home from class at Bradley one night. I am not sure if I reacted more to it because I am a mom, or if I would have had a different reaction had I not been a mom, but either way, I found myself sobbing, uncontrollably, as I listened to the song. As I tried to rationalize where the emotions were coming from, I think it is most simply stated, that my ability to relate to the song as a mom was at the root of my tears.
I think when any woman learns she is pregnant, there is an inherent vision about what it will be like; however, with that dream, also comes an inordinate amount of worry that counters that immense amount of hope that surrounds a new life. It is a paradox of Joy and concern. This song reminds me of the purpose of motherhood and the blessings I have as Lydia's mom...
No comments:
Post a Comment