Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Monday, February 7, 2011

Surprise!

Our typical weekend was interjected with a surprise visit from Oma and Opa! How exciting was it when we were at Khori's for an Iowa/Indiana Basketball Game watch to see Oma and Opa walk around the corner and surprise us! We were thrilled to have them with us in Peoria and Lydia loved spending time with them. We were even more thrilled with the outcome of the Iowa game to celebrate a victory amongst Indiana Fans.

Sunday morning, Lydia had her 18 month photo shoot with Patricia. She was decked out in black and light pink. I can't wait to see our pictures! We were able to get a family shot as well. We also had her pictures taken with CR Photography, so we have lots of recent ones of Lydia. I can't help but get her pictures taken. As alluded to in an earlier post, Lydia won't stop growing. I tend to believe that the time and money we spend on photographs is an investment on nostalgic memories for both Lydia and myself. She will get to reflect on her childhood and see how much she changed and grew over time. She will get to see the outfits and styles we dressed her in. On the otherhand, I have a record of milestones and memories to refer back to when Lydia is older to remind me of the tender ages she once was. I already have blurred memories of her as a newborn. I often look back at those pictures to remember her fresh entrance into the world. I can only imagine how much more valuable those snapshots will be to me when Lydia is older.


No comments: