Ellis: Table for Four

Ellis: Table for Four

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

71 Weeks

Brett and I were just talking tonight about the gains Lydia has made in just the past two weeks. She is learning new things each and every day! Lydia 'reads' her signing books and I am continuously amazed. She will show each sign for each word and picture. She knows so many new words and learns more on a weekly basis. Just this week she learned baby, dirty, clean, apple, night, day, down, and sky. I love watching her sign 'sleep' before she goes to bedtime. It is one of my favorite signs to watch her do!

Based on the photograph, you have probably come to realize that Lydia eats whole apples. She loves them! She loves pears, peaches, plums, and any other 'hand' fruit that she can bite into. I think she is getting her 'eye' teeth or other teeth as she has been gnawing on everything!

The transition back to the sitter after break was smooth. Actually, it went a lot better than I thought it would. She is loving being back with the kids, Erin has new toys put out and Lydia is loving playing with those, and she is back on a routine she is used to. Needless to say, I am already counting down the days til my next day off, spring break, and summer break! I am already eager to find things for Lyds and I to do together. I know there will be lots of trips to the Children's Museum, Zoo, and Riverfront for us... I also want to put together a list of other things/places I want to do and go this summer with Lydia... topping them would be the Brookfield and St. Louis Zoos and Shedd Aquarium. Our Peoria Zoo has one little fish tank that can't compete with a doctor's office tank that Lydia LOVES. I can only imagine what she will say/do when she gets to see larger fish and displays!

She has been doing Diaper Gym Gymnastics and we will continue to do those lessons. We also signed her up to resume Swim Lessons. We will go on Saturdays. Lydia has been phasing out of her morning nap, so it is no longer an issue to worry about if she will be tired or cranky for morning swim classes. We are looking forward to getting back in the pool with her!

We are taking Lydia to see Sesame Street Live next week. I can't wait to see her there either! I hope she loves the show as much as I anticipate she will!

I am taking 5 credit hours in two weeks. It has been a surprisingly easy addition to my schedule that does not take away much time from playing and being with Lydia. Most of the coursework is done online and I submit my work via email. I spend the time with Lydia after I pick her up until she goes to bed between 6:45 and 7pm. After 7pm, I do classwork until I go to bed around 10 or 11pm (unfortunately facebook and blogger are HUGE distractions for me). I completed the work for my 2 credit hour class tonight, so I was majorly productive. I have to report to class on Saturday from 9-noon this weekend and next as well as read a book, respond to online forums, and complete a group project. I think The stress load is pretty light for 5 hours.... so I am not complaining. I start on Monday nights on the 24th with my spring semester classes...

No comments: