I was so ecstatic to get a Kindle! I love to read and was hoping to get the Kindle. I downloaded a few free books as well as another book on parenting toddler's. My parents also gave my sister and I four tickets to the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys concert in June! We are really excited to relive our youth and rehash our favorite songs with our friends! We also received a carpet cleaner. I had wanted one for awhile as well so that we could shampoo are carpets more regularly and without having to borrow my sister's. A highlight of the evening was when my mom surprised my dad with tickets and agenda items for a January trip to Hawaii. They have talked for years about going to Hawaii and have the added incentive of having my little brother stationed there for the Navy. My dad had tears of joy and it was truly a special moment that he was so excited!!
Lydia has becoming increasingly more interested in climbing, running, dancing, and moving in new ways. She found it hilarious to climb on all the boxes and toys from the Christmas celebration. She stood up on the boxes and would smile with accomplishment.
She is also interested in our Christmas tree remotes. She is aware that the remote turns on and off the trees and wants to use it on a regular basis. She will sign please and point to the mantle where we keep the remote.
On a side note, Lydia stood by the basement door this evening. I thought she was going to the kitchen for a snack. She pointed to the door and signed please, obviously wanting to go downstairs and play in her play room. I was so proud of her for using her signs and manners to ask for what she wants!
No comments:
Post a Comment